Consider volunteering your time, resources or support to Humewood House — it would make the world of difference to us:
- Become a Board or Committee member – the Board of Directors provides governance, fundraising and other support to Humewood House Association.Committees are formed around fundraising activities and other initiatives as needed.
- Volunteer for events – Humewood House has two major fundraising events and several public relations and community events annually. We are always looking for people to help us prepare, organize and launch these events.
- Volunteer with the agency – become a mentor, tutor or assistant with one of the programs we offer to our clients. Help in the respite childcare, the food bank/donations room or in the office.
- Use a special skill to provide presentations or demonstrations to our young pregnant and parenting women. Through your workplace, consider getting a group together and helping us with a project – like spring cleaning or helping us paint the House.
- There are also volunteer opportunities at our Residential program at 40 Humewood Drive (Christie Street and St. Clair Avenue) and also at our transitional housing program at Jane Street and Sheppard Avenue West.
If you are interested in finding out more about how you can get involved, please contact us.
Want to get involved? Contact us!
E-mail Rose, our volunteer coordinator, using the e-mailer below.