Coming home to Humewood House
100 years of empowering teen mothers in Toronto
Since 1912, Humewood House has helped Toronto’s most vulnerable single parents and their children make their way in the world. In addition to helping young women give birth to healthy babies and transition into motherhood, Humewood House helps them plan and build goals for their future. We offer pre and post-natal residential services, transitional housing, life skills, childcare, a high school program and counselling all delivered by our highly qualified and dedicated staff in a safe and caring environment.
To empower young pregnant and parenting women to make positive life choices for themselves and their children.
Providing for a better life
Last year alone, we helped 550 young women and their children by providing much-needed information, programs and services including:
- a safe home to 50 young women and their babies
- quality child care for 27 infants under 18 months
- individual counselling to 24 young families
- high school programming for 61 young mothers
- young parent resource programs for 55 mothers and 68 children at 1900 Sheppard Avenue
- scholarships for 21 young women to realize their post-secondary education goals
- vital support to over 1,000 adults and 850 children through our food bank and donation services